Stones are used for many purposes in magick; they can be used for meditation, divination, healing or crushed in some incense recipes or oil blends. The gemstones hold their own energy to be added to your energies.
Gemstones can be carried in spell pouches or just in your pocket. You can burn them in your spells if you like. Place them around the house or car to bring the energy with you. The possibilities are endless and can be shaped to your specific need. There are no rules governing the use of stones, so experiment with them to discover how YOU can master them.
Stones are symbols for forces far beyond words or cold, hard facts. They are a way to connect to the Earth as well as the Universe. Get to know the stones by using the listings below then experience them as much as you can.
Don’t worry about finding the right stone, because your stones will find you. If you have a goal in mind for your stone, the right shape and color will probably pick you. If you just happen to be picking up a few stones for later use, you can use the charts to see how to use that particular stone within your spell craft.
There are also plenty of ways to locate your stones. You can get them at metaphysical shops, order them from the internet, walking in the woods or on the beach or you can find them in booths in the flea market. Just make certain that you cleanse and purify your stones before you use them for anything.
The Meaning In The Shape of Your Stone
- Round shaped gems and stones are a symbol of magick and its working.
- The means for the opening of psychic awareness and spirituality.
- Receptive to all powers.
- Used in all attraction wishes such as love, money and spirituality.
- Square shaped stones are masculine in nature.
- Generally considered to be used for building or creating something new.
- Used for altering something old.
- A form of stability and endurance.
- Triangles are a sign of the three points of humankind; the mind, body and spirit.
- Able to discern between the four elements.
- Used primarily for repelling and neutralizing negativity.
- For gathering and releasing of all the energies for your intended desire.
- Pear shapes are a combination of both the round and triangle.
- Used primarily in associations with the element of Water, it is both receptive and projective.
- A great shape for balancing of emotions.
- For any wish dealing with psychic abilities or Faerie Magick.
- Rod shaped or Wand shaped are a sign of masculinity.
- Commonly referred to as phallic.
- Projective energy.
- Used primarily for a wish for someone else.
- For the intent to be projected toward another.
- Agate-(chalcedony variety)
- Aids strength and courage
- Compels truthfulness
- Use for happiness
- Spells of intelligence
- Brings prosperity
- Promotes longevity
- Use for charms of fertility
- Amber-(bermite, pimetite, puccinite, ruminate)
- An aid for furthering ambitions
- Powerful healing stone because of magnetism
- Emits powerful amounts of heat and light
- Has the power to disinfect
- Filters germs and infections
- Worn around neck to fight infection and respiratory ailments
- Amethyst-(purple quartz)
- Assists wearer to maintain faithfulness
- Increases spiritual awareness
- Calms and soothes
- Transmutes negative energy into positive energy
- Aids ability of prophecy
- Can help cure headaches
- Warm and place on temples and forehead for headache
- Aids in meditations
- Wear during meditations to purify and regenerate
- Stimulates flow of energy for healing blood circulation
- Stops hemorrhaging
- Removes emotional blockages
- Use in talismans
- Wards off all accidents
- Wards off disease
- Especially suitable for men
- For bringing joy to owner
- Give protection
- To increase energy
- Chryosite-(peridot, olivine)
- Emits a steady, serene flow of light
- Tranquilizing effect
- Will help ease many forms of neurosis
- Soothes emotions
- Used to absorb unwanted energies
- Used to deflect negativity
- Coral-(calcium carbonate)
- Balances physical energy
- Safeguards teenager during this highly emotional period
- Protects child from evil influences
- Relaxes tensions
- Use for a long and happy marriage
- Carries the creative vibrations from the sea
- Symbol of strength and bravery
- Used as an emblem of innocence
- A cure-all for most diseases
- Carry a diamond for psychic harmony and spiritual peace
- Helps to attract pure love
- Promotes creativity
- Stimulates perception and insight
- Helps to connect with the “Higher Self”
- Strengthens memory
- Use for tranquility
- Assists in meditating
- Wards off inflammatory diseases
- Balances hormones
- Good to use for depression
- Enhances self esteem
- Encourages business success
- Alleviates bad dreams
- Stimulates happiness, peace and balance
- Brings courage
- Dispels negativity
- Use for protection
- Use to bring wisdom
- Meditate for divine revelations
- Lapis Lazuli-(lazurite)
- Stimulates psychic experience
- Promotes psychic abilities
- Brings contact with the “Higher Self”
- Brings wisdom and truthfulness
- Wear next to skin as amulet
- For strength and health
- Moonstone-(adularia variety of ortboclace)
- Brings good fortune
- Good for protection while traveling on water
- Promotes unselfishness
- Opens the heart to humanitarian efforts
- Gives clarity to spiritual understanding
- Aids in bringing forth past life memories
- Reflects wearers being and feelings
- Calming effect on emotions
- Good for menstrual symptoms
- Gives love and hope
- Alleviates many degenerative conditions of the skin, hair and eyes
- Amplifies chakras
- Enhances intuition
- Called the “Stone of Love”
- Use for protection
- Good for use with children
- Stimulates feminine qualities
- Represents purity, modesty and gentleness
- Use to focus attention
- Brings peace of mind
- Helps to combine mental and spiritual forces
- Quartz Crystal
- Taps into energy of the Universe
- Use for meditations
- Amplifies healing energy
- Helps to draw out pain
- Very potent energy
- Wear to protect from negativity
- Stone of divine power
- Increases vigor
- Renews vitality
- Cleanses the blood
- Stone of courage and dignity
- Stone of charity
- Stone of freedom
- Protects against insomnia
- Use to discourage nightmares
- Mood elevator
- Protects from depression
- Stimulates creative thinking
- Electric and magnetic properties
- Works as a protective shield
- Consumes negative energy
- Causes wearer to be understanding
- Creates compassionate vision
- Expands concepts of thinking
- Gives wearer flexibility
- Lifts fears from wearer
- Turquoise-(copper and aluminum phosphate)
- Restores healthy mental attitude
- Radiates calming vibrations
- Good stone for meditating
- Use for alignment of spiritual centers
- Protects against evil
- Wards off danger
- Clears one’s path of pitfalls
- Stone of friendship
- Stone of Self-love
- Balancing and healing stone
- Gives strength and vitality
- Stone of groundings
- Stone of astral travel
Cleansing and Empowering Your Stone
When you find the stone that you are looking for, it must be cleansed to rid it of any other energies that may have attached to it. To cleanse your stone; mix sea salt and water, gently rub the water over all of your stone from middle outward on all sides (like anointing candles) while visualizing your own energy entering into the stone, then bury it in the ground. Repeat this process for the three nights of the Full Moon. (Remove it each morning at first light.)
Once you have cleansed your stones and empowered them with your own energy, you will need to consecrate them for use of the purpose you have for that stone. Once you have opened your circle you can consecrate your stones just like you do any alter tools. Make certain that you have checked the Moon Phase so that it compliments the stones purpose. Then perform the ritual of consecration following using candle colors and incense of purification.
(Open the circle)
Before these assembled spirits I bring this stone to be dedicated to the service of the Lady and Lord.
(Pass each stone to be consecrated three times through smoke of the incense.)
By the power of air, be thou purified. Be thou dedicated to purity of thought and to harmlessness that all intentions for which thou art used may harm none and be for the good of all.
(Pass each stone to be consecrated three times through or over the flame of the fire candle.)
By the power of fire, be thou purified. Be thou dedicated to purity of desire and to harmlessness that all goals which thou dost help achieve may harm none and be for the good of all.
(Take a few drops of water and sprinkle or dab on each stone.)
By the power of water, be thou purified. Be thou dedicated to purity of emotion and to harmlessness that all that thou shall be used in a spirit of harmony, harming none and for the good of all.
(Touch stone/stones to the salt in north quarter)
By the power of earth, be thou purified. Be thou dedicated to steadfastness and purity of purpose, that my will be achieved without wavering, with harm to none and for the good of all.
(Finish any other business then close your circle)